Use less batter to make tortillas in a smaller skillet. Add cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder, and it tastes amazing. This could also be made into a breakfast tortilla or pancake with vanilla or cinnamon added. A homemade apple pie spice mixed in and topped with sautéed apples would be wonderful.
Tip! When making this bread for a specific meal, add spices to give extra flavor so it doesn't taste too much like coconut.
- Italian dishes - add garlic powder, basil and thyme
- Indian dishes - add a little garlic powder and coriander
- Mexican dishes - add taco seasonings
- Chicken dishes - add garlic powder and what other dried seasonings you are adding to the dish
- When you want a little heat - sprinkle a little cayenne pepper! Goes great with chili!
Note: If you refrigerate coconut milk then use the cream that forms on the top of the can!
Options for Size:
- You can pour half the batter onto a 9.5 inch pan and cook - then repeat for a total of 2 large naans.
- You can pour ¼ cup of the batter onto your pan to make 6 small naans. These will cook faster than the large naans.
- If you want to make a dessert crepe, pour the batter and spread it out as thin as you can.
- If you are not using a non-stick pan, you will need to use some sort of oil/ghee/fat to keep the batter from sticking.
- If the cream has solidified in your canned coconut milk, then mix well before using.