1. Begin by peeling and chopping the beets and squash into cubes.
2. Preheat the oven to 400. Add the veggies to a mixing bowl and add the butter/or coconut oil and salt, and mix until evenly coated.
3. Lay the vegetables out on a large (or two smaller) baking sheet in a single layer. Roast vegetables for 40 to 50 minutes, stirring once half-way through roasting.
4. Make the dressing, pour over kale and massage the kale until evenly coated.
5. Combine the veggies, shredded coconut, and kale. Mix and enjoy!